News from Arizona Integrative Medical Center September 25, 2009
In This Issue
Cancer Treatments at Arizona Integrative Medical Center.
Arizona Integrative Medical Center, P.C., headed by Paul Stallone, NMD, is located in Scottsdale, Arizona. We provide efficient treatments and therapeutic options to support patients undergoing cancer treatment. We utilize choice specialists to provide conventional treatment and the diagnostic tools necessary in cancer care. Any Cancer diagnosis often leaves individuals feeling overwhelmed and helpless. We strive to ease each patient's concerns and provide them optimal physical and emotional support while receiving treatment at our medical center.
Cancer is not a single disease. That is why it is imperative to fight such a large and multi-faceted disease with a treatment plan just as large and multi-faceted. Just as cancer is a disease caused by the loss of control over a cell's reproduction capacity, a person with cancer is often left feeling just as out of control; as if the weight of the world is on his or her shoulders. It is imperative for people to know about the various treatment modalities available to them.
One direction of cancer care is not enough to build a strong foundation to help the body heal. We strive to accomplish optimal health and wellness for each patient. At Arizona Integrative Medicine Center, P.C., Dr. Stallone focuses on treating each patient with the most optimal treatment plan for his or her particular case. Many things must be taken into consideration when deciding this, such as cancer type and stage, overall health, lifestyle, and emotional state of the patient. Since, no two individuals are alike, on any level, it is critical that the chosen cancer treatment plan is specifically tailored to meet his or her needs. Our alternative and integrated wellness care is designed to support the body on different levels and address the underlying cause of the illness.
Patients want to receive the best care possible, and usually find it difficult to investigate options or decide what direction to take. We go to great lengths to help our patients with choosing the most effective treatment plan by being conscious of their need to understand, participate, and influence it themselves. We do this by acknowledging each individual will have different comfort levels regarding his or her involvement, and that it may vary from time to time. It's our job of making sure the patient is constantly kept informed and comfortable with the chosen plan; a job we pride ourselves on doing well.
The journey with cancer can be a long, stressful, and strenuous one. Finding a physician and support system, in which you trust, to help you on this journey can make all the difference in the world. At Arizona Integrative Medical Center, P.C. Dr. Stallone and his dedicated staff strive to guide and encourage our patients while providing them with optimal individualized treatment plans and support. Patients do not have to carry the weight alone; we are here to help.
- Every person has cancer cells in the body. These cancer cells do not show up in the standard tests until they have multiplied to a few billion. When doctors tell cancer patients that there are no more cancer cells in their bodies after treatment, it just means the tests are unable to detect the cancer cells because they have not reached the detectable size.
- Cancer cells occur between 6 to more than 10 times in a person's lifetime.
- When the person's immune system is strong the cancer cells will be destroyed and prevented from multiplying and forming tumors.
- When a person has cancer it indicates the person has multiple nutritional deficiencies. These could be due to genetic, environmental, food and lifestyle factors.
- To overcome the multiple nutritional deficiencies, changing diet and including supplements will strengthen the immune system.
- Chemotherapy involves poisoning the rapidly-growing cancer cells and also destroys rapidly-growing healthy cells in the bone marrow, gastrointestinal tract etc, and can cause organ damage, like liver, kidneys, heart, lungs etc.
- Radiation while destroying cancer cells also burns, scars and damages healthy cells, tissues and organs.
- Initial treatment with chemotherapy and radiation will often reduce tumor size. However prolonged use of chemotherapy and radiation do not result in more tumor destruction.
- When the body has too much toxic burden from chemotherapy and radiation the immune system is either compromised or destroyed, hence the person can succumb to various kinds of infections and complications.
- Chemotherapy and radiation can cause cancer cells to mutate and become resistant and difficult to destroy. Surgery can also cause cancer cells to spread to other sites.
- An effective way to battle cancer is to starve the cancer cells by not feeding it with the foods it needs to multiply.
- Sugar is a cancer-feeder. By cutting off sugar it cuts off one important food supply to the cancer cells. Sugar substitutes like NutraSweet, Equal, Spoonful, etc are made with Aspartame and it is harmful. A better natural substitute would be Manuka honey or molasses but only in very small amounts. Table salt has a chemical added to make it white in color. Better alternative is Bragg's aminos or sea salt.
- Milk causes the body to produce mucus, especially in the gastro-intestinal tract. Cancer feeds on mucus. By cutting off milk and substituting with unsweetened soy milk cancer cells are being starved.
- Cancer cells thrive in an acid environment. A meat-based diet is acidic and it is best to eat fish, and a little chicken rather than beef or pork. Meat also contain s livestock antibiotics, growth hormones and parasites, which are all harmful, especially to people with cancer.
- A diet made of 80% fresh vegetables and juice, whole grains, seeds, nuts and a little fruits help put the body into an alkaline environment. About 20% can be from cooked food including beans. Fresh vegetable juices provide live enzymes that are easily absorbed and reach down to cellular levels within 15 minutes to nourish and enhance growth of healthy cells. To obtain live enzymes for building healthy cells try and drink fresh vegetable juice (most vegetables including bean sprouts) and eat some raw vegetables 2 or 3 times a day. Enzymes are destroyed at temperatures of 104 degrees F (40 degrees C).
- Avoid coffee, tea, and chocolate, which have high caffeine. Green tea is a better alternative and has cancer fighting properties. Water-best to drink purified water, or filtered, to avoid known toxins and heavy metals in tap water. Distilled water is acidic, avoid it.
- Meat protein is difficult to digest and requires a lot of digestive enzymes. Undigested meat remaining in the intestines becomes putrefied and leads to more toxic buildup.
- Cancer cell walls have a tough protein covering. By refraining from or eating less meat it frees more enzymes to attack the protein walls of cancer cells and allows the body's killer cells to destroy the cancer cells.
- Some supplements build up the immune system (IP6, Florescence, Essiac, anti-oxidants, vitamins, minerals, EFAs etc.) to enable the bodies own killer cells to destroy cancer cells. Other supplements like vitamin E are known to cause apoptosis, or programmed cell death, the body's normal method of disposing of damaged, unwanted, or unneeded cells.
- Cancer is a disease of the mind, body, and spirit. A proactive and positive spirit will help the cancer warrior be a survivor. Anger, un-forgiveness and bitterness put the body into a stressful and acidic environment. Learn to have a loving and forgiving spirit. Learn to relax and enjoy life.
- Cancer cells cannot thrive in an oxygenated environment. Exercising daily, and deep breathing help to get more oxygen down to the cellular level. Oxygen therapy is another means employed to destroy cancer cells.
- No plastic containers in micro.
- No water bottles in freezer.
- No plastic wrap in microwave.
Dr. Stallone's main focus is to listen and understand the underlying cause of an individual's illness. Often the underlying cause is a combination of nutritional, structural, emotional, chemical, and lifestyle factors. He uses a vast array of modalities including Nutrition/Supplements, Homeopathy, Detoxification, Acupuncture, Joint Manipulation, Therapeutic Injections, Oxygen/Ozone Therapy, Intravenous Nutritional-Vitamin Therapy, Hormone Therapy, Sports Medicine, Pain Management, Pharmaceutical Drugs and Botanical Medicine to effectively treat the acute and chronic diseases that are commonly seen today.
Each individual's illness is unique; Dr. Stallone spends the time to combine Natural / Alternative / Conventional treatments to best fit and benefit each individual patient's needs.
Many Insurance Companies reimburse patients for our servicesSincerely,
The Staff at AIM
Arizona Integrative Medical Center